Chief Financial Officer/CFO
Our CFO has had to resign to pursue an MBA in Switzerland, so we have to say good bye for now and thus we are now looking for a talented economist to take the position as CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO) to help build the zero carbon footprint future version of our planet. Sounds interesting? Read on.
We believe that the core problem of global warming is lack of global collaboration and information. Our goal is to facilitate global collaboration through our ecosystem of carefully crafted software systems. Just like Wikipedia is a collaboration platform building the world’s biggest encyclopedia – ACT will be a collaboration to enhance and simplify green shopping and help people ACT together for a sustainable planet.
● ACT is a software technology with smart gamification to connect consumers to sustainable shopping and support collaboration in identifying ‘good’ products
● The immediate goal of ACT is to reduce climate gasses and to play a big role in reducing global climate change
● ACT is a role model of a democratic organization: Max. factor of 8 between highest and lowest paid, all employee members have 1 vote. ACT is an independent commerce partner - no one person or organization can control ACT.
● All software is expected to be open source and free, so that all can take action.
We are currently developing the software platform and will have the first product ready for testing this autumn. In preparation for this, we are looking to tell the world about our extraordinary solution for ACTion, that we believe has the potential to make a massive difference to global climate change very quickly.
Have you ever thought that it is impossible to solve global climate change and that your efforts would mean so little? What if you had the chance to work with one of the most ambitious climate change projects? We believe that ACT is one of the most hands-on solutions to mitigating climate change. These might sound like just 'great words,' but do the math yourself: If only 1700 people decided to use ACT to find the least fossil fuel consuming goods, and register their purchases, it would deliver a combined purchasing power of 63 million USD/year after tax*, which is the same amount Norway uses to conserve the Amazonas rainforest! And those 1700 people could decide to ACT tomorrow! * Assuming a salary of 37,000 USD/year after tax.
JOB DESCRIPTION, CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
ACT is now selling shares and applying for funding with various organizations. We need a highly motivated CFO to join our Core team in this exciting phase that will have a serious impact on sustainability of our planet.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- You have an academic education and a passion for saving the environment
- You have 2+ years of experience working as a CFO or similar, preferably with some
experience from a start-up environment
- You have experience raising equity, preparing budgets, preparing for applications to e.g. Innovasjon Norge.
- Ensure order and quality control all financial imperative data and documents such as the share register
- Ensure order and quality control reports to the board on expenditure versus budget
- Steer and ensure risk mitigation and assessment has been carried out and that every
relevant financial regulation is upheld by the company
- You have a good command of English
In addition you are:
- Self-motivated and proactive team player
- Driven by creating value to both the buyer and the seller
- Able to work independently and take responsibility for your decisions
- Creative thinker with entrepreneurial spirit
The CFO will report to the CEO, and be a part of our small team of entrepreneurs with a flat organizational structure. Since the company is in an early phase you will be able to shape your role in the company exactly how you like it best.
This job should at best be carried out as much as possible in co-location with ACT, but we are open to remote work too.
Please send your CV and some words introducing yourself, why you want to work with ACT, highlight relevant previous experience and your current situation.
For more information about this job and ACT please contact:
President, Founder & CTO
ACT Cooperative Corporation AS
jobs (at) aacctt.org