ACT’s Core Infrastructure team is seeking fundraiser/marketer to help build the zero carbon footprint future version of our planet. Sounds interesting? Read on.
We believe that the core problem of global warming is lack of global collaboration. Our goal is to support and enhance global collaboration facilitated by an ecosystem of carefully crafted software systems. Just like Wikipedia is a computer facilitated collaboration platform around building the world’s biggest encyclopedia – so will ACT enable collaboration around green shopping and help humans ACT together for a sustainable planet so that we can do our part to end global warming and also support fair trade.
- ACT is software technology with smart gamification to connect consumers around sustainable shopping and collaboration.
- The immediate goal of ACT is to reduce climate gasses and possibly be the “solution” to global climate change.
- ACT is a role model of a democratic organization: Max. factor of 8 between highest and lowest paid, all employee members have 1 vote. ACT is an independent trusted commerce partner - no one person or organization can control ACT.
- All software is expected to be open source and free, so that all can take action.
We have just finished a major design phase and now wish to start serious development of the software platform. We are looking to tell the world about our extraordinary solution for ACTion, that we believe will change the way we manage global climate change almost overnight.
We need to strengthen our team, our advisory board and council with experienced resources within multiple fields: Management, Communication/journalism/marketing, Financial management, Fundraising, Life cycle analysis & research, Graphical design, Web development, Mobile development, Backend development, Networking.
Have you ever thought that it is impossible to solve global climate change and that your effort would mean so little?
What if you had the chance to work with one of the most ambitious climate change projects? We believe that ACT is one of the most hands-on solutions to mitigating climate change. These might sound like just 'great words,' but do the math yourself: E.g. If only 1700 people decided to use ACT to find the least fossil fuel consuming goods, service alternatives and register their purchases it would deliver a combined purchasing power of 63 million USD/year after tax*, which is the same amount Norway uses to conserve the Amazonas rainforest! And those 1700 people could decide to ACT tomorrow!
* Assuming a salary of 37,000 USD/year after tax.
JOB DESCRIPTION, Equity trader
We need one clever and highly motivated Equity trader to join our Core Infrastructure team in this exciting phase that will have a serious impact on sustainability of our planet.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a small, talented, self-organised, responsible, high-performance team that implements solutions for the most hands-on solution to mitigate global climate change.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Relevant work experience in sales, especially in selling shares
- Strong analytical skills to analyse the market and help us identifying the new trading opportunities to ensure the growth and profitability
- Excellent communication skills to deal with potential investors
In addition you are:
- Self-motivated and proactive team player
- Driven by creating value to both the buyer and the seller
- Internet savvy and knowledge of MS Excel will be an added advantage
- Able to work independently and take responsibility for your decisions
- Creative thinker with entrepreneurial spirit
- Strongly interested in financial market and you have a desire to sell our shares
You will work as co-founder directly and closely with the original founders and be a part of our small team of entrepreneurs with a flat organisational structure.
Since the company is in an early phase you will be able to shape your role in the company exactly how you like it best.
This job should at best be carried out as much as possible in co-location with ACT, but we are open to remote work too.
Please send your CV and some words introducing yourself, why you want to work with ACT, highlight relevant previous experience and your current situation.
For more information about this job and ACT please contact:
President, Founder & CTO
ACT Cooperative Corporation AS
jobs (at) aacctt.org