ACT’s Core team is seeking a Graphic designer to help build the zero carbon footprint future version of our planet. Sounds interesting? Read on.
We believe that the core problem of global warming is lack of global collaboration. Our goal is to support and enhance global collaboration facilitated by an ecosystem of carefully crafted software systems. Just like Wikipedia is a computer facilitated collaboration platform around building the world’s biggest encyclopedia – so will ACT enable collaboration around green shopping and help humans ACT together for a sustainable planet so that we can do our part to end global warming and also support fair trade.
- ACT is software technology with smart gamification to connect consumers around sustainable shopping and collaboration
- The immediate goal of ACT is to reduce climate gasses and possibly be the “solution” to global climate change.
- ACT is a role model of a democratic organization: Max. factor of 8 between highest and lowest paid, all employee members have 1 vote. ACT is an independent trusted commerce partner - no one person or organization can control ACT.
We have just finished a major design phase and now wish to start serious development of the software platform. We are looking to tell the world about our extraordinary solution for ACTion, that we believe will change the way we manage global climate change almost overnight.
We need to strengthen our team, our advisory board and council with experienced resources within multiple fields: Management, Communication/journalism/marketing, Financial management, Fundraising, Life cycle analysis & research, Graphical design, Web development, Mobile development, Back-end development, Networking.
Have you ever thought that it is impossible to solve global climate change and that your effort would mean so little?
What if you had the chance to work with one of the most ambitious climate change projects? We believe that ACT is one of the most hands-on solutions to mitigating climate change. These might sound like just 'great words,' but do the math yourself: E.g. If only 17,000 people decided to use ACT to find the least fossil fuel consuming goods, service alternatives and register their purchases it would deliver a combined purchasing power of 63 million USD/year after tax*, which is the same amount Norway uses to conserve the Amazonas rainforest! And those 17,000 people could decide to ACT tomorrow!
* Assuming an average shopping of 300 USD/month.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a small, talented, self-organized, responsible, high-performance team that implements solutions for the most hands-on solution to mitigate global climate change. If you are a talented designer who is also a self-starter, able to take direction, work collaboratively and assimilate feedback constructively, we want to hear from you.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
• 2-3 years of experience as a graphic designer
• Possession of creative flair, versatility and originality
• Demonstrable graphic design skills
• Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
• Up-to-date with industry leading software and technologies(In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc)
• Highly proficient in all design aspects
• Develop designs that are on strategy and reflect brand’s personality
• Has ability to manage layout and design projects from concept to completion.
• Our app design
• Improvement of web design
• Creation of info-graphics
• Shaping up powerpoint presentations
Graphic designer will work closely with co-founders and be a part of our small team of entrepreneurs with a flat organizational structure. Since the company is in an early phase you will be able to shape your role in the company exactly how you like it best.
This job can be carried out as remote work with a good internet connection, but ideally we prefer co-location if possible.
Please send your CV and some words introducing yourself, why you want to work with ACT, highlight relevant previous experience and your current situation.
For more information about this job and ACT please contact:
President, Founder & CTO
ACT Cooperative Corporation AS
jobs (at) aacctt.org